WORKSHOP IN ENGLISH ON:
"LEGAL PROTECTION AGAINST
MEDICAL MALPRACTICE LAWSUITS"
DATE : 24-26 Nov. 2015
VENUE : Copthorne Hotel, Deira, Dubai
- Explain the medical liability-related problems and related challenges from different perspectives.
- Provide the participants with the medical liability regulations in the UAE, in general, and in Duabi, in particular.
- Provide the participants with the necessary practical skills to avoid medical malpractice and, thus, medical liability.
WHO SHOULD PARTICIPATE?
- Executive officers, doctors and specialists in health authorities; the ministries of health, justice and home affairs; and other concerned authorities.
- Doctors, pharmacists, practitioners, and the nursing staff.
- Judges, prosecutors, forensic doctors, drug experts, and crime investigators.
- Legal officers in public and private hospitals and health centers.
- Directors of labs, pharmaceutical, insurance and medical supplies companies.
- Deans, department heads, and interested teaching staff in the faculties of medicine, pharmacy, nursing and law.
• Medical liability from the law's and courts' perspectives
• The medical liability regulations of Dubai Health Authority
• Drills on medical malpractice (MM) in anesthesia
• Drills on medical malpractice in surgery
• Drills on medical malpractice in gynecology and obstetrics
• The impact of medical documentation on establishing medical liability
• Investigation in medical malpractice cases
• Problems related to technical investigation reports on medical liability
• Malicious complaints against doctors and how to avoid and handle them
• Damages in medical malpractice lawsuits and related problems
• Procedures of defense against medical liability claims
- Prof. Mohamed Higazi, senior consultant, forensic medicine, ministry of justice and member of the High Committee on Medical Liability
- Dr. Layla Almarzouqi, Director, Health Regulation Department, DHA
- Dr. Mohamed Al-Olama, President of Emirates Neurological Surgeons Society, representing Emirates Medical Association.
- Dr. Ahmed Sulaiman, Director, the Legal Dept., DHA
- Dr. Mohamed Abu Alne'aj, consultant on anesthesia, DHA
- Mr. Stephen Ballantine, senior consultant and team leader of experience British, Syrian and Emirati lawyers.